Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Princess of the Moors


The "Princess of the Moors" was painted by Leonard Freeman.

When I first saw this picture on African Naturals on facebook, I was intrigued in the sense that:
1) This painting was breath taking and I thought it was a painting of someone and not a painting.
2) It also reminded me of an elegant and beautiful Yoruba woman( Yoruba people ) with her 'Gele'
and the way she wrapped the fabric material on one of her shoulders and the bead around her neck.
Her poster also give the notion of high class but yet simple and down to earth.

I love the painting a whole lot, he also made rendition Charles Cordier's "Nubian Man".
There is a link below to find out more about Leonard Freeman.

That's it on my view on "The Princess of the Moors" I'm sure I could go on but this is short and sweet :D
Yours truly showed her face ;) 

You can find me on this networks below:
||Networks||

Facebook:Who Says Black Ain't Pretty
Twitter: OlayemiAO
Personal Facebook: Olayemi Alaba

Don't forget to leave your comments below would love to hear 
your thought on this.
CREDIT:



                      NairaLand, Wikipedia, African Naturals,.namywedding, blackartinamerica.com

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ola...

    Thanks again for your interest in "The Princess of the Moors". Without a doubt, she and her "Prince" have garnered more interest than my other works, and I am very proud of them. I hope to complete more pieces with the same kind of beauty and power in the near future. Watch for them...

    Leonard Freeman

    ReplyDelete